Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Lurrrrve me some raw unfiltered unheated honey--the stuff that comes in a jar and looks like yellow margarine and requires a knife to apply to toast or fruit.

I have tried Y.S. Organics and the White Gold Canadian brands.

There was a new brand at Wild Oats called Apitherapy Honey made by this company www.honeygardens.com. It was less expensive than the others (about 7.49 for a 1 pound glass jarful).

It is the BEST tasting brand I've had. Apparently the bee's the use are collecting from blueberry fields. The honey is so fruity tasting, it's unreal.

Highly recommended!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
We get honey direct from a local bee keeper. He uses my FIL's land so he gives us jars and jars of delicious local, unproccessed, unpasturized honey for free. I feel truely blessed and grateful. So thick you have to either heat it or spread it with a knife on warm toast. Yum!

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
We've got a couple great local beekeepers in my area. I make honey mead, so I like to buy in bulk. I can often get raw unfiltered wildflower, fireweed, and blackberry honey for $2.50 a pound. I love the stuff!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.