Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm just in the process of becomming a single mum to my two kids (and the third one when it is born). Reading this board has been a huge help over the past few days - nice to see the thread about the positive sides of single parenting!
I seem to be very lucky in that my kids father is a good guy and won't try and weasel out of child support and will still be there for us all. But I must admit the thought of looking after my two little live wires and coping with having a new baby on my own is really really scary! If any one who has been there (or nearly there!) can offer advice or encouragement I'd love to hear it.
Just wanted to say hi and thank you to every one who posted on the positives of single parenting thread - you have all cheered me up so much!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm newly single too - very much a surprise and shock. I'm just coping one day at a time. I get too overwhelmed if I think long-term. One of the things that has been hardest for me is telling people and dealing with their reactions.

Anyway, I agree about this board helping to cheer you up. That thread about the +s of single parenting helped a lot!

Karen - whose ex is currently off camping with the woman I suspect is the object of a new crush, if not full blown affair

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I'm glad you've found us.
I was pregnant and had a toddler when my ex left. It was difficult, that first year with a newborn, but we all got through it. Just keep things simple and take it one step at a time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.