Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm a newbie. We just started CDing so I am still trying to build up my stash and CD full-time.

I'm planning to order some prewashed CPFs but I was wondering if that was a good idea. Anyone tried it? I was thinking of ordering it from naturalbabies.com

Also, any recommendations on wrap for a 23 lb 10 month old with chubby legs?

Thanks, MommyToTJ

·
Registered
994 Posts
Prewashed is a GREAT idea! I hate washing 5-6 times before I can even use them. I ended up taking a whole afternoon and boiling sets of 4 so I wouldn't have to wait so long to use them.

Bummis wraps are kind to chubby thighs - so are any kind of windpro or wool. I've found that pul wraps that snap rather than have velcro tend to leave red marks...
HTH!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommytotj
hannahmom, I'm glad to heard that the Bummis wraps are good to chubby thighs. I was looking at Bummis and Proraps.

Is 2 wraps enough for 12 CPFs?

MommyToTJ
Proraps run in the small side, so be careful about that. I prefer the bummis because they have a longer 'life span'.

clothdiapersnmore does prewashing, too. I think her CPFs are a little less expensive than naturalbabies, too.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'd go with 3 - you never know when you might be faced with an unexpected blowout... I've never used prowraps so I don't have any input there.

I usually rotate between 2 wraps/day but I like having a third just in case of a blowout, if one wrap gets real stinky, or to tide me over on laundry day

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.