Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been lurking some and reading through past threads while I research on the internet about candida. I feel like I have info. overload and don't know where to go with it all. I've just recently realized that I probably have a pretty pervasive case of candida which, based on symptoms (which I won't even go into although I should probably sit down and write out the rediculously long list for myself), I've had for years and it's now (after my second pregnancy) raging out of control. I'm also concerned that my whole family has it to a lesser extent (ds#1 had GERD, struggles with pretty bad constipation, definite affinity for sugar and grains, occasional eczema; ds#2 was born 10 weeks early and is now about 3 weeks adjusted, had GERD symptoms but am successfully treating w/ infant probiotics, gassy thanks to my own messed up intestional state; dh who will probably never give up his daily bowl of ice cream, etc. has kidney stones and occasional reoccuring jock itch). Anyway, I'm hoping to start dealing with all this, at least for myself and my kids but feel so overwhelmed and lost.<br><br>
Have any of you used Candex, ThreeLac or a similar product while bfing? I'm really scared to attack the yeast while bfing but I'm also totally fed up with feeling this way and worried that if I don't deal with it now it will be impossible to knock it out. I also hate that it's affecting my tiny babe, he get's the same gassy stomach upset I get, I guess from undigested food and/or toxins in my system. Also any good probiotics or other supplements to recommend (enzymes, etc)? There's so much out there I don't even know where to start. A person could spend a fortune trying to deal with this.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Rather than attack the yeast, I would approach it by introducing healthy microbes and letting them do the job naturally. You can get this in your system by using a good probiotics supplement as well as eating real kefir and other sources. The Traditional Foods forum here has good info on natural sources of healthy microbes. Completely cutting out sugar would make this process go faster. This should improve any gut issues, candida, thrush, and possibly GERD. Hope it gets resolved soon!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'd cut out all sugar except for one piece of fruit/day, and all refined carbs while I was pregnant. That helped with some of the more superficial symptoms like the athlete's foot (nasty). Unfortunately I was admitted to the hospital for about a week before they had to do an emergency C-section and needless to say, my ability to eat right just went downhill. Now it's come back with a vengence and honestly with a toddler and newborn I just don't have the time to take care of myself like I should. I'm reading too many stories about people who tried diet but just couldn't beat it; since I'm bfing and possibly even doing damage to my ds I don't want six months to go by with no change. I'd just really like some feedback on what's worked for people in addition to diet (I'll start making 24 hr yogurt soon and look into kefir). Any particular brands of additional probiotic?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts