Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am moving to Licoln on Monday. I just wanted to introduce myself to other Linconites on the board- maybe I could hook up with some of you if you are interested. I will know one family in the area, but it would be great to meet some more people, especially AP people! So anyway---Hi!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi Michelle!

I have lived in Lincoln my whole life, I think it is a great place to raise kids. There are some Lincolnites on the Nebraska Mom's thread, but it isn't very active. I would love to meet a like minded mom around here
. What part of Lincoln are you moving to?? We live kind of south....

How old is your ds?? I have a 13 month old little guy. Hope to talk to you soon.

Edited to add.....I see in your siggy you knit. I have been trying to teach myself and well don't get very far! I could definitely use a tutor

·
Registered
376 Posts
hello michelle, i too have lived in lincoln all my life. my lil guy isnt here yet so i'm new to parenthood and have been wanting to meet some likeminded mama's here. but like the pp said, i've noticed there's not a whole lot of activity on this thread for nebraska mamas let alone lincolnites. i live in near-south lincoln. let me know if you want to chat

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi y'all! I am not sure where in Lincoln we will be because we are staying with friends 'till we work things out. Meagan, Joseph is 15 months old, so its a great fit!
My knitting skill is intermediate- I'd love to help you out. I have lots of great patterns too.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Jen- We must not live too far from each other. I'd love to meet up with you sometime if you would like. Do you have yahoo or anything?? You are getting close to your due date, are you ready?? What hospital are you giving birth at??

Michelle- They would have a blast together
. So you are moving this Monday?? Where are you living now?? Moving is a lot of work, especially with a baby.

Maybe we could have our own Lincolnites thread. I love to chat, maybe to much too

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
hi I've lived here my whole life too (except 2.5yrs i lived in tx) I live in NW lincoln.

and I have a 17m old (on tues) and a 1m old (tomorrow) they are a handful!

plus I'm gonna be moving soon!

·
Registered
376 Posts
hey meagan,
i have yahoo email and alltel (windstream i guess) email, use msn for IM. going to st. e's for my son's birth as in my mind, its the only choice here in lincoln for birthing ... sooo wish we at least had a birth center!!! and yeah, i live 17th/south area, dont know how far you are from there.
as you asked on the other thread, i did go to milkworks yesterday with a friend of mine that goes there on fri mornings. it was nice, although i hate to admit that it was a little early for me, i work 2nd shift and between being preg and the heat i LOVE my sleep!!
gettin more excited about the lil guy's arrival. have a handful of diapers and covers lent to me by a friend but trying to figure out what other covers and diapers i want to try. also waiting for that nesting to kick back in cuz my place is a pit right now ...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Jen- I use yahoo for IM.....if you have yahoo email I don't think it takes much to get IM because you use your yahoo email name. I am sure we can figure something out.

I bet it's hard being almost 9 months preggo in this heat! Enjoy all the sleep you can get now
. Are you going to a midwife?? I agree St. E's is about the only option available here. I wish we had a birthing center too or at least be able to have midwifes attend homebirths.

Okay we live in the 27th and Hwy 2 area. Where do you work?? I do home daycare, just started a few months ago. It keeps me busy but totally worth it, as I get to be home with Jackson. I also still work a little (as needed) where I was working before I started my daycare at The Legacy Estates, I love my old people too much to totally leave them

·
Registered
376 Posts
hello again meagan,
i go to heart and hands, there's three lovely midwives there, they're all great!
i work at the 911 center, so at least i sit for work and its in the ac, plus its close to home. been there almost three years now.
yes, the heat is horrible, but i'll manage ... just sucks that the exercise i like the most is walking and i just cant right now. oh well. also do some yoga at home but sometimes i lack the motivation on my own and my instructor is on maternity leave right now.
good for her though, no more preggers in this heat and she has her 2nd lovely daughter now!!

yay!! i just love thunderstorms
sounds pretty good outside right now, quite the light show too. we need rain so much, but i dont look forward to the humidity it will cause ... but my poor brown lawn.
how many lil ones in your daycare? bet it keeps ya busy!!
anyway, is it free to IM on yahoo? i know its free for msn ...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi y'all, sorry to not reply sooner, but things have been busy. I'm all packed and ready to leave in the morning for lincoln. We will be staying in the south-east part (I think) with some friends. So, as for a little background up until January we lived in Eureka, California (Northern.) We had to move for various reasons, so we went down to stay with my in-laws who live near LA, and then for 3 months with my mom in the Netherlands (to look for work.) That didn't work out so now we are headed to Lincoln. I'm excited and scared at the same time. I wanted to start talking to some people here so I wouldn't feel so isolated. I saw there is a LLL meeting on thursday for mothers with toddlers, so I think I will stop by. What is Milkworks?

·
Registered
376 Posts
hey there, i'm sure you've been busy, moving is a pain!! and it sounds like you've had more than your fair share of it lately
: my parents live in southeast lincoln

milkworks is similar to LLL as far as i know, i havent gone to any LLL meetings but would like to ... have only been to milkworks once and it was a good experience. i know that's where i'm supposed to take my lil guy a couple or few days after he's born to have him weighed and then feed him with some possible pointers while i'm there and then weigh him again to see how well its all going with breastfeeding. of course they have nursing bras and pumps and all kinds of goodies there.
i dont have a kiddo for yours to play with yet but would still be fun to get to know each other if ya like ... pm me here or i have a yahoo account too...
good luck with the move!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Michelle- Well I am glad you guys are headed to Lincoln, hopefully it will all work out for you. Milkworks is similar to LLL, they have a group for new moms that I went to a few times when ds was a newborn. They also have a food allergies group, since we deal with that I have been wanting to go but always forget or have something going. They have pumps and slings and all kinds of other goodies too. Love my pedipeds I get there
. I haven't been to a LLL meeting, but I would love to go. Maybe once you get moved we could go together, since technically my baby is a toddler now

Jen- That is good you get to stay in the AC and have a sit down job.

I bet your yoga instructor was the same one that came to where I use to work at The Legacy and led a yoga group with the residents. I saw a pic of her little girl, what a cutie.

I just started doing daycare a couple months ago. Right now I have a two year old that comes Tues, Wed, and Thurs. Then another two year old as well as two six year olds (who are the most demanding....one is done after this week and one goes to school in a couple weeks....thank goodness). I also have a baby that is going to start hopefully around the end of Sept. It does keep me busy, but I love it most days and best of all I get to be home with my baby....but it sure can get crazy here.

Did you get yahoo?? I so tired I need to get to bed.....Jackson is getting sick or having major allergy problems and even had a little fever tonight and he keeps making little noises in bed, poor baby.

Have a good night ladies and hope your move goes well Michelle!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yay....my yahoo name is mylilmanjackson. Can't wait to chat more with you!

Jackson and I are going to bed early....I can't remember when the last time I went to bed before 9 was, but I am doing it tonight.

Talk to you soon!

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi! im new to lincoln as well. We moved here form the east coast about 4 months ago. I would love for you to email me and we can chat! I am 23 years old with 3 kids :x my newest is 4 months old. my oildest is 5 years old. I live in NW lincoln, and although i would be categorized as "ap parenting" I still love to have a girls night out every now and then. hey im young, i can do that right?!
email me! luvgr8smiles at aol.com i also have messagner on yahoo- gabibug01

hope to hear form you soon!

·
Registered
376 Posts
hello devilindisgize
dont know what else to call ya ... my names jen. there's not many of us active on here ... maybe we all can fix that!!!

my email is qjraven8 on yahoo.com

yay meagan, talk to ya soon

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi all; just wanted to say we are here and things are well. Maybe we can plan a get-together next weekend or week at a park. My scedual is pretty open, so let me know what you all think. Also, I am using someone elses computer right now, so I am not checking the board too often, but I'll try to check back soon.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.