Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the Nashville area and need recommondations for a pediatrician or family phys. for dd and a family phys. for myself.

Also, where would you recommend shopping for furniture if you're on a budget but don't want junk?

Are there any groups or activities that you know of in the Hermitage area that would be good for a mom and her 5 month old. I'm kind of limited in that I don't have a car during the day (when dh is at work).

Thanks

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Hi! I'm new to the boards, but not new to Nashville! I was born and raised here, and recently moved back after 10 years in Arizona. Anyway, I don't have a good family physician for myself yet, but I have a WONDERFUL pediatrician - a very caring woman in an office of 6 female peds. However, it's in Goodlestville, so I don't know if that's too far for you to drive? Let me know.

Also, I'm not too familiar with the Hermitage area, but something that is lots of fun (maybe on the weekends when you have access to a car) is going to the Farmer's Market on 8th ave downtown - there's a cool park next to that too, with a really fun fountain the kids can jump in.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
OK, I just re-read your post more carefully and saw that you had a 5 month old - NOT "5 kids" which is what I originally thought. OK - I guess she wouldn't be impressed with a park and famer's market then - sorry!

I hope you're able to find some sort of mom's group in your area - I'm still trying to find one in mine - I live in Inglewood.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Here is a link to a former post I made about a BF'ing, co-sleeping pedi that we use:
http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...threadid=73839

The family physician I use for myself is Johnathan Kary, who practices more-or-less across the street from Dr. O'Brien's office, in a fairly large practice at Southern Hills Hospital complex near the Harding Mall.

The Harding/Nolensville area is on the same side of town as Hermitage, but not necessarily in the same area per se. Hope this info helps you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.