Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. My DH and I are going to start TTC in January. I have already begun taking pre-natal vitamins just to prep. I had an exam and everything checked out! I am 24, healthy and fit with clock-work periods. My husband is also very fit and healthy. I was told by my midwife that since we are each others only partners (ever) and I have never had an irregular pap nor an irregular cycle, we should be good to go and bet me $20 I'd conceive my first month trying! I plan on using a fertility monitor (probably the clear blue easy or the OV Watch) a month or two before January just to get used to my ovulation cylces. Anyway, I'd love any advice you could offer. We are excited to begin our family (we only plan on having one) and I will be a SAHM after it is born. I have had soooo many dreams that I have a daugther, anyone else have this?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Welcome Longhorn! You may have found your tribe by now... If you check out the threads you'll see one called something like: ttc #1 in our 20's. Pop in and introduce yourself! I myself frequent the ttc #1 in our 30's. The ladies on these threads are very supportive!

Sounds like you and DH have done a lot of homework! Glad to hear you are healthy and optimistic! I will caution you, tho. Most of us think we'll be PG right away but most of us are not... It can take 6 mos, 1 year or even longer even for "normal" couples. So just be prepared. It can be pretty heartbreaking when AF comes some months when ttc...

However, I don't want to burst your bubble! It's great to be excited about ttc and being a mom! I wish you the best of luck to get PG quickly!

Oh also - I did dream once that I had a daughter and named her Waverly. So that made it to my "girl" name list.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.