Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been an active poster here much, I do lurk a bit but I just happened upon this section today. What I am wondering is if anyone would mind taking a look at my site and giving any kind of constructive criticism? My biz. has been verrrry slow for some reason and I'm trying to figure out where the problem might be. Also if you have any cheap advertising ideas I'd be very interested to hear them as well.

My website is www.charlotteswebstore.net

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
994 Posts
Your site takes FOREVER to load, even on my work connection. If I was a shopper I would just quit waiting and go somewhere else. I thought maybe you were getting a lot of traffic but it says there's only one person in your store. I'm not a fan of splash pages either, unless it has something interesting on it. You also have an awful lot of buttons on your page, can you pare it down a little? Maybe set up some general catagories or something?

Are you doing any advertising?

·
Registered
818 Posts
I agree that the site takes way too long to load. You're also using frames, which I think is a no no for search engines (although I have no idea why, LOL!) Instead of spending money on advertising, could you spend it on site redesign to give you a more professional look and smoother functionality?

You have some very nice things. Playcapes is a great idea, and something I haven't seen much of!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that something is wrong with the server today, I noticed earlier that it was taking a long time to load where it never has before.

Thank you for taking the time ladies

Currently I am not advertising, I have my banner in my siggy on one board I frequent but other than that I don't really know where to advertise at this point, that's not going to cost me alot of $. I know you have to spend $ to make$ but at this point I'm bringing in pretty much no money so I can't justify spending any Kwim.

Know that I think about it, maybe I do have too many buttons, I should work on whittling it down a bit.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I didn't find your site slow, but on DH's computer everything is slow!
I do wonder why you have a postcard and forum button near the top. As a customer, when I"m shopping I want to get to the products first, and maybe check other things out later. I'd rearrange your links so your products are near the top and the first thing customers see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.