Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thanks in advance for being my sounding board!<br><br>
I am pretty sure I have PPD and pretty sure that I went untreated through my previous 3 births. I was in denial I think or just didn't know for sure what to look for.<br><br>
With #1 I didn't have time to think I was depressed - I was going to college, working full-time and separated from her father - all things that could have accounted for how I was feeling. (father and I have since reunited and had 3 more lovely children)<br><br>
with #2 I had decided to be a SAHM and I accounted the feelings to my new status - isolation, self esteem, motivation ...<br><br>
with #3 I finally decided to mention it to my OB and she asked "have you been diagnosed with it before?" since I had never been diagnosed before she said "Then it's not PPD ... it's very unlikely that it would crop up with a 3rd." Thinking back I should have slapped her!<br><br>
Since then I have had 2 m/c and finally my beautiful baby #4. I have also learned through conversations with my mother that mental illness runs in the family! Evidently my father was bi-polar. I never knew. I knew my mom showed signs of instability - definitely a candidate for HRT who went untreated! Maternal side has a lot of mental issues ... I wish I have realized all this sooner!<br><br>
So - who knows ... may be PPD - may be some other disorder but I KNOW I need help this time. I have an appointment with my OB/GYN to get the ball rolling and have started little dietary adjustments. Fingers crossed I will feel better soon - I HATE the way I feel now ...<br><br>
I am constantly yelling at my kids, my pride and joy and I have no happiness now. I despise my husband and he can do NOTHING right ... I actually have been thinking aLOT lately that he is worth more to me dead than alive. How horrible is THAT? Libido? what's that? Just the thought of my hubby touching me makes me shudder in disgust. I feel terrible for feeling terrible. I am supposed to be the rock that this family is based on.<br><br>
Thanks for letting me vent!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know how you feel. It is a lonely place and it doesn't help that your OB isn't supportive or helpful. You are not alone. I almost took my own life beccause of PPD. There is not a ton of hellp out there for us and My friend and I want you to know if you need to vent and chat and cry we want to start a support group for ladies like us. Please feel free to email me or Denise any time or messenger us. I am still not healed but I am getting better. Best wishes dear and PLEASE email us. We can help each other<br><br><br><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a> messenger mkerinsicutech<br><br><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a> messenger denisekays

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have started a support group online for women like you who need to vent to someone who understands.I suffered fromppd for 4 long years and finally overcame it.I have 4 children and only had ppd with one of my children,my third.I have dedicated my being to helping women cope with this condition.The only real proffesionals are the ones who have been through it themselves.If you are interested in talking with someone who has survived ppd please email me at <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts