Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mamas. Real fat intro. I'm Heather. Almost 29 I have 3 beautiful boys. I post on MDC once in a blue moon never here though I don't think I have time to keep up.

Anyway, I used wool with Gabriel for a bit and I just wasn't liking it. Maybe it was the soaker itself but I had nothing but wicking problems. I would really like to use wool on Christian for night time but don't want to have the same problems. So please Spam me with your favorites. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lena_girl
Bumping so maybe you can get some help.

My only suggustion is doing some heavy duty lanolizing.

I have to start from scratch with the wool. I sold the ones that were wicking.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheena
Are you thinking wraps or soakers? Does it have to be instock or can you wait for a custom? Is trimness a big factor for you?

I only used soakers. I wouldnt mind trying a wrap though. It doesnt have to be intocks although the sooner the better. I hate waiting for fluff. Trimness isn't a huge factor, I want these mostly for night

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Hi, and welcome! For overnight wool, esp if you don't mind bulk, then get the aristocrat. Those rule for overnight. I also like bumpy wool for another overnighter that is easy to get your hands on. A wahm overnighter would be http://phunkymama.com . She does awesome embroidery too on the covers.
I'd recommend her fuller cut 2 layers serged to her other styles, though. Once I super lanolized my sugarpeas wool covers, those were fine for overnight too. If you want a soaker for overnight with gorgeous dyed colors then I'd say try to get lucky with getting a baabaabottoms soaker. Most soakers that are good are also highly sought after so they are also hard to get at stockings and they are never just sitting in stock. HTH!!

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by phishmama
Hi, and welcome! For overnight wool, esp if you don't mind bulk, then get the aristocrat. Those rule for overnight. I also like bumpy wool for another overnighter that is easy to get your hands on. A wahm overnighter would be http://phunkymama.com . She does awesome embroidery too on the covers.
I'd recommend her fuller cut 2 layers serged to her other styles, though. Once I super lanolized my sugarpeas wool covers, those were fine for overnight too. If you want a soaker for overnight with gorgeous dyed colors then I'd say try to get lucky with getting a baabaabottoms soaker. Most soakers that are good are also highly sought after so they are also hard to get at stockings and they are never just sitting in stock. HTH!!
Aristocrats are excellent for nighttime. Can I ask which soakers you were using before? I would look for something chuckier with a tighter knit.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutie Patootie
Aristocrats are excellent for nighttime. Can I ask which soakers you were using before? I would look for something chuckier with a tighter knit.

I was using Nice A Cozys.

Today I ended up ordering a soaker from ackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk I can't remember. WHITNEY, if you are reading this where did I order a soaker from LOL

Thanks for the help everyone. I think I'll try to post more often also, I'm seeing a lot of familiar faces!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts