Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Are you excited?  My leader is very hush hush about it.  I guess they had to sign a confidentiality agreement. </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href="http://www.examiner.com/weight-loss-in-national/weight-watchers-set-to-unveil-new-plan-on-nov-29-will-it-be-propoints" target="_blank">http://www.examiner.com/weight-loss-in-national/weight-watchers-set-to-unveil-new-plan-on-nov-29-will-it-be-propoints</a></p>

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
<p>I just got all the old stuff on Freecycle so I'm not lol.  But mainly b/c I'm too cheap to join.</p>

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
<p>So if you're already on WW will it still change?</p>

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p>I guess if you choose 2 go with the new program and all meetings will probaly surround the new program</p>

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
<p>I am not looking forward to the change at all.  I am used to the program and I am losing really well on it so why would I want to change things.  I am worried that the new program will mess with my weight loss.  I don't understand the fruit being free part.  Like right now if someone at 5 pieces of fruit that would be about 5-7 points of their day but now all of a sudden they are trying to tell me that 5 pieces of fruit is 0?  That is crazy!</p>

·
Premium Member
17,022 Posts
<p>Heavenly, I'm guessing that's to encourage people to eat more fruits and vegetables?</p>

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
<p>I was all excited about the changes but then my dh started playing on my anxieties and was all like..."you are doing so great why risk messing it up, etc. etc." But y/k... really don't think Weight Watchers would roll out a plan they weren't confident would rock the pounds right off of us! Points was rolled out what...13 years ago? Science has moved on and from what I have heard, this revision takes all of that into account. Some of our favorite foods may cost more Points with this new calculation of Points but we get more to spend and will be able to eat fruits and many veggies freely. From what I have been reading on the UK and Aussie boards even Lifetime members are losing good numbers with this revision of the Points system. I eat very healthfully within the Weight Watcher program guideliines but I admit that every now and then I will spend my Points on dark chocolate over fruits and veggies. Now I won't have to choose! Weight Watchers tests any changes in the lab and then in test group populations before they launch and this is a MAJOR overhaul. Give it a chance. You can always go back if you prefer the old way. But why would you want to stay in the past? If we all did that we would be stuck with some really un-fun previous versions of Weight Watchers. I think that we will be gaining a lot more than we will miss with this new program. I admit I am a little anxious about the change (mainly b/c of dh messing with my head) but deep down I think it will reinforce what we already know but just give us a revised Points system to take that into account more strongly.</p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts