Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

· Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much to report here, feeling a bit better in everyway! Feeling big, too!

Can't wait to start feeling movement! Thought I felt a poke the other night, but I can't wait for full on kicks!

Happy New Years, mamas and babies!
<~~ This is whatever you're tolerating these days! It's Grapefruit Soda for me!

· Registered
1,119 Posts
I'm excited to be 1/3 of the way through, but also really scared to only have 2/3 of the pregnancy left and still SO much to do. (I'm 13 weeks and we're inducing at 39 weeks. Please don't flame, I have my reasons that don't include just wanting to kick the kid out and my OB agrees.
)

I was hoping the m/s was lightening up, but I think I have a bug right now. I'm feeling really icky today. This one will be like the older ones, I think, and I will have m/s until 4 months.

I'm looking really pregnant now and feeling fluttering fairly regularly.
We couldn't hear the hb via doppler at my 12 week appointment on Christmas Eve. Because of all of my fertility issues and stuff, the OB felt more comfortable just doing a quick u/s to check the hb. Everything looks great, so that was a huge relief.

Looking forward to getting some energy back and having the all day m/s subside a bit.

· Registered
1,742 Posts
I just posted an update from my doc appt today... In a nutshell, I go back in a week to schedule the cerclage.

Things might be looking up for me but Im not betting on it. Im still really sick, but Im holding a bit of food down. Ive started taking Reglan to help empty my stomach fast.. Ive been vomitting food that I had eaten hours earlier.

· Registered
1,054 Posts
I don't think we are doing anything, no money, no babysitter, no life

Usually I let the kids stay up and watch the ball drop, but dunno if I have the energy to do it this year, I did buy them some lil popper things to celebrate with.

My MIL mentioned wanting to take the big kids camping at Rocky Mnt National Park, they have a huge RV type thing to sleep in so they will be warm, but there are tons of blizzard and avalanche warnings out atm, so they probably won't go.

I'll probably sit up, drink some herbal tea and knit for the baby before bed

· Registered
2,081 Posts
I'm 12 weeks, 5 days now and things are OK. Feeling pretty sick still. I tried weaning myself off the Diclectin but ended up not keeping anything down for 2 days so thought I better get back on it. Today has been somewhat better but I long for the day when I'm not just trying to survive

Sometimes I swear I feel little flutters but they're so quick that I think I imagine most of them. We go to listen for the heartbeat next week which will hopefully make it a bit more real and give me the motivation to get through the next part of this pregnancy.

New Year's Eve will be spent at home with me hoping not to throw up and going to bed with the kids by 8pm. Pretty exciting stuff
. Not sure what dh is going to do.

· Registered
1,609 Posts
Nothing exciting for New Year's here. My husband has a gig and I'll be staying home with the kids to edit photos and watch sappy movies. I have a nasty cold so I'll probably be in bed before midnight.

Pregnancy wise, I'm 13 weeks now and been feeling better, aside from the occasional headache (which could be cold related). So much better in fact that I've freaked myself out about it. Sigh.

· Registered
234 Posts
We've got our standard holiday plans for New Year's. We're taking all the kids over to our friends' house where we will eat, drink, and blow things up. LOL. Actually, I've got their kids over here right now. (It's hilarious, my friends' kids know that they are having people over tonight, but they don't know we're coming and my kids don't know, either. So they keep dropping hints about wanting to spend the night together, having no clue that's exactly what's going to happen.)

I'm having a very laid back day today. My oldest charge today is 12 or 13 (I can't remember), and she's decided that she needs to take care of everything for me. So even though there are 9 kids in the house, I haven't had to do a thing all day!

· Registered
1,334 Posts
nothing exciting for NYE here - just staying around home, maybe I'll stay up past 9pm, but it's doubtful. Was originally planning a big shindig and I'm sure glad this is whats happening instead.

· Registered
1,742 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JunebugsMom View Post
Is anyone doing anything exciting for New Year's Eve? Not us! My mom even offered to babysit, but I feel so nauseous and tired in the evenings. I wouldn't be a very fun date!

I stopped by the liquor store on the way home a bit ago and got some alcohol... Too bad I cant drink any of it!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnaRose View Post

I'll probably sit up, drink some herbal tea and knit for the baby before bed

Ill also be drinking some tea while everybody else is enjoying some alcohol. And I was soooo close to buying some yarn today so I could crochet but I changed my mind because I didnt have anything to make.. WTF was I thinking.

· Registered
60 Posts
I'm 11w 3d and still more tired than I can believe. Our big NYE plans are to celebrate my daughter's 2nd birthday! I can't believe how quickly 2 years have flown by!!
:

· Registered
466 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by EugeneMom View Post
Our big NYE plans are to celebrate my daughter's 2nd birthday! I can't believe how quickly 2 years have flown by!!
:
Awww...what a special way to spend NYE! Happy 2nd B-day!

My sister flew in this morning, so it's nice to spend time with some family. My girls LOVE their aunt, so it gives me a break. I made a big snack platter, so we're snacking, playing games, catching some tv marathons, and just relaxing. We're all going to enjoy some sparkling grape and cider and shoot off a few small fireworks. We'll see if anybody makes it to midnight though! DH will, but he may be the only one.

· Registered
1,155 Posts
Nothing here....13 weeks 4 days...Just hoping the kids will stay asleep with all the annoying fireworks being set off!
They are supposed to be illegal here but they don't inforce it....I don't see the point in it being illegal if they don't inforce it! GGRRR!!

Sorry, but for some reason I am still pretty bi***Y. I was hoping once I started the second tri. (which is only a couple days away! YAY!!) I wouldn't have such a short fuse...We will see. Still *fairly* sick, but it is SLOWLY getting better.

Go in Wednesday to check for a heartbeat, hopefully we will find one!

's to everyone who is still feeling really sick.
I hope you get some relief soon..and start to feel like part of the living again.

· Registered
3,809 Posts
happy new year! (early, because there is no way i'm staying up!)

i have been feeling better-short waves of nausea but nothing too big. my only "bad" symptoms are the peeing every five seconds (omg!) and i am so.tired. oh, and none of my clothes fit. my winter coat is getting very snug, but at least it is long and covers the fact that my pants are undone, lol. i can't find any of my old maternity wear, so i'm kind of bummed about that.

really, though, it's the tiredness that is keeping me down. it's been really nice having dp off last week and this week-i get to nap every day and go to bed early. *yawn*

· Premium Member
15,163 Posts
Will be 11 wks in two days, and I still feel so tired.

My New Year's Eve plans include sitting here on MDC and eating a pint of butter pecan ice cream.

Yeah, big plans!

· Registered
3,809 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
Will be 11 wks in two days, and I still feel so tired.

My New Year's Eve plans include sitting here on MDC and eating a pint of butter pecan ice cream.

Yeah, big plans!

yum! my kids made cupcakes earlier, so i had one of those.

i was going to mention earlier, but i forgot. i got a GC for a webstore that has organic/natural baby clothes for christmas from my SIL. so i got a couple things for the baby. they came the other day and there is one little tee that is size 0-3 months. OMG! it's so tiny. how is it i can forget how tiny babies are supposed to be! but the kids keep holding it up and saying how tiny it is. they are so excited.

· Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Khourtniey: Maybe the Reglan will help with your milk supply too!

delicious: I bought matching PJ's for the new babe and DD and I keep laying them next to each other...I can't believe it!

DH and DD and I went out to eat and had huge meals and desserts and got so stuffed! It feels great!
They are both in bed now and I'll probably be here for a bit.

· Registered
6,247 Posts
Happy New Year ladies! Finally we're due "this year" LOL. We went to mass tonight then came home and ate a bunch of junk food that I NEVER buy. Dh dusted off the fry daddy and fried a bunch of junk. I made them eat cantalope/apples/grapes/carrots for good measure.
Then we played some games, watched The Sound of Music, did a "make your own ice cream sundae" thing and now most everyone is sleeping, LOL. My 15 year old is up and my 7 year old. Everyone else passed out. I think I'll make it. Only 15 minutes to go.

I'm feeling alright these days. Not great yet but not awful. Evenings stink. My youngest nurses ALL NIGHT LONG so I rarely get to sleep. Dh has been on vacation for the last 10 days and I'm so not looking forward to him going back. He helps alot and just having another grown up is great. But in two days it's back to school/work/everything. Yuk!

Alright - I'm off to surf a bit more and I'm dieing of thirst. I've had nearly three 20 oz bottles of sparkling water tonight!

Take care everyone!

· Registered
252 Posts
11 weeks today!
Tonight we had my roomies brother over and played Apples to Apples. If you have never played it you should. It is a really funny, really relaxed, quick sort of game.
We ate food: I made fried chicken, spaghetti and sauce, peas, and sweet potatoes (snacks were brought and everything had msg in it but the pickled herring. But it was soooooo yummy.)
Had fun. Going to bed now!
Happy New Years!!!!
H

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.