Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am so glad to have found this borad I have looked for a board like this since I got preganant last year I have found a few ok boards but nothing as great as this one.

My name is Amanda I have been married to my husband nathan for 3 and a 1/2 years we have one child Sarah who will be 4 months on the 10th.
We are EBF,cloth diapering,non vaxing/dealying not sure yet, Semi AP we got our first sling last week and we are still working on it but she has always been carried alot, we kinda co sleep she slet in our bed for the 1st 2 months now she sleeps right next to me in her crib but somtimes ends up in bed with us.

We planed a home/water birth and I labored at home for 3 days I got all the way to 10 and got to push for 5 hours and we had to make the hard choice to transfer to the hospital and I ended up with a c section sarah was turned sideways we found out later.
We went into the hospital had the c-section sunday and went home tuesday night with our baby who made it out of the hospital un poked or proded at all I am so happy for that fact all in all we had a hospital experiance i didn't think was possiable.

I am so gald to have found this board I am still working thru my feelings of failure about her birth and I am nervous for next time but I really want to have the home birth that I wanted this time next time.

Ok I hope I did not ramble to much.

Amanda

P.S. is there a board that tells you how to do all the fun things in your signiture I would love to add some to my but I have no I dea how.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Welcome, Amanda! I'm so sorry to hear your birth didn't go as you'd planned. It sounds like you did everything you possibly could have, and I totally know the feeling of failure

There is a great support thread for mamas who have cesareans in the Birth and Beyond forum. Lots of support and empathy and
s for you while you process your very real emotions.

I hope you will check it out
Meanwhile, thanks for the intro.....and again, WELCOME!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome! You didn't fail, you are just in that small percentage of women who need the C-section! It must be so hard to deal with the death of a dream, though. My good friend just went through the same thing, and she is schooling for lay midwife, imagine how devistated she was that she had to end up with a C-section!

Stacey

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow thank you all for the nice words so glad to meet you all.

Sarahs birth expience has been hard to handle but we are both and that is what matters and it was alot more tramatic for me then it was for her and I am so greatfull for that.

Amanda

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.