Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>This is my first pregnancy. I'm 22 weeks and I will need a labor companion to help me since I will be doing this alone. I would like to TRY to labor at home for as long as possible then go to the hospital but I don't want alot of intervention from the hospital folks, so whatever advice or help that could be given me would be appreciated. There's just not much around here that they allow- they don't do waterbirthing at the hospital and the midwife I know of is thru a different OB clinic than what I use so I am not their patient. I am located in Rome, Ga. About 70 mi north and west of Atlanta, 2 1/2 hrs from **********, AL and about an hour from Chattanooga if that helps with my location. TIA!</p>

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
<p>Annette Culp lives in Cartersville, I don't know if she is willing to drive to Rome or not but she is the closest to you that I can think of - and she is great!  She's also a childbirth educator and has many years of experience as a doula :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Annette Culp</p>
<p>770-386-5884</p>
<p>[email protected]</p>
<p> </p>
<p>the DONA website is currently having some problems, but you could also check there, as well as google, and doulamatch.net</p>
<p> </p>
<p>hope that helps! :)</p>

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
<p>If you go to doulamatch.net you can search by your zip code and due date for doulas available that serve your area.  I did a search for one of the Rome zip codes and found quite a few (for some reason I can't copy the link over).</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts