Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a newbie gardener. Well, ok, we've always done tomatoes, and last year we also did cucumbers (two mounds, we gave them away by the dozen!), and zucchini (two plants, maybe could've had a bit more, we LOVE zucchini), plus cilantro (which DS1 picked daily, telling me to make more salsa), and chives.

This year, we're starting everything from seed, most of it indoors. My question is: How do I know how many to plant?? We're a family of 4, we all LOVE to eat veggies, and I'd like to freeze some (not ready to go for canning yet). Are there any good websites? Or do you have any advice? Thanks in advance mamas, I can't WAIT to get started on this!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
There is a fantastic book called How To Grow More Vegetables with detailed information on what to plant for a family of 4. I'm AMAZED at the wealth of information in this book. It will spell out what, when, how for you. Awesome. I bought it on rec from another MDC garden mama a couple years ago and love it.

http://www.amazon.com/Vegetables-Ber...6710445&sr=8-1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.