Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

So I have about 10 dipes now and today is my first CD day! I didnt know what would work best on my twins (b/g) so I bought a whole bunch of different styles to try out. I still have about 10 more dipes coming inthe mail. I figured what didnt work I could sell on ebay and then buy more of what did? I have an assortment of fitteds and covers, pocket dipes and AIO's. No CPF's as I am not sure I can figure that out!

How will I know which are which? How can I tell a fitted from an AIO? I know the AIO;s are probably bigger but sometimes its hard to tell? And I really cant always tell which is a diaper and not an AIO...
My main concern in addition to leakage (like putting on a fitted and thinking its OK by itself!) is washing...I was planning on washing and drying the first time (they are in there now) but then which can I put in the dryer again?

Also I have a cuddlebuns wrap that has metal snaps. I wasnt expecting that? HOw do I care for that?

Sorry for being so clueless but hey we all start off somewhere right!

Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Hiya Sam, and welcome to the wonderful world of CD's!

As far as telling fitteds from AIO's, rub the outter layer of the dipe between your fingers.
If your AIO has a cotton outter layer, you "should" be able to feel another waterproof layer underneath it.
If it already feels smooth or kinda crinkly, then it's an AIO.
If you happen to put a fitted on by itself thinking that it's an AIO and it leaks, you will know next time.

With the washing, "most" diapers & AIO's can withstand the dryer on every wash.
Different Mamas have different routines and preferences...I prefer to air-dry all my covers (Bummis) to keep them waterproof longer.
The heat of the dryer tends to break down the waterproof barrier on covers & AIO's.

I'm not much help on Cuddlebuns, since I've never tried them, but I would think that you would care for it the same as your other dipes.

Alot of CD'ing is trial & error, so don't get frustrated if you think you "mess up"...we've all been there.

Good luck, Mama!
You can do it!

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
Here's another idea - you could take a laundry pen and put a small dot on an inconspicuous place on all your fitteds. That way, dot = fitted, no dot = AIO. But trust me, you will become an expert at telling them apart in no time.

You can just throw your Cuddebuns in the wash, metal snaps or not. They will just make more noise.

Have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.