Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am new to this! My Mom made me some awesome ones...bless her! However... they take FOREVER to dry in the dryer! Do you know of any that are really absorbant and do not take forever to dry? Any mama's here sell them or a website I could go to? Which ones do you love?
I have also been using them at night to help with breastfeeding leaks!

Thank you!!

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
It really depends on what you are looking for. Certain diapers require a cover, fitteds and prefolds, other diapers have the cover built in like AIO's and pockets. Some of my fitteds take a while to dry because they have extra layers for absorbancy in them. I actually like all of them with AIO's being the least because of the drying factor. There are also AI2's but I am not sure the difference between an AIO and an AI2.

I think for absorbancy a pocket diaper is the best because you can customize the stuffing yourself. They also dry nice because you can take all the parts out and dry them seperately. I like Fuzzi Bunz pockets and I buy them here. She has really good prices and free shipping on orders over $75. You can also find different brand pockets on that site and you can find WAHM pockets on Hyena Cart which is a WAHM site.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Another vote for Fuzzi Bunz. I like the snaps (they don't wear out like my velcro diapers do); I like how quickly they dry; I like all the cute colors they come in (I know that's superficial, but, well; they are cute!).

A lot of it does depend on your baby's body type though. Some people love one kind vs. another depending on chubby thighs, skinny waist, etc. So you might want to sample a few before you make a huge investment.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so very much for the posts!! I am going to check out the website right now!

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I use less absorbent diapers and layer them. Usually 2 old fashioned flat diapers in a cover, or one flat folded up and put into a not-very-absorbent fitted or AIO as a doubler, will be plenty absorbent and very quick drying.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh....thank you so much for the tips octobermom and Juliacat! That is great! I am going to try it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.