Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've just joined and haven't had a chance to read a whole lot yet...so I don't know if this info is written anywhere else
. My partner and I are working on charting right now and plan to start TTC in September.

1. Does anyone have any experience with whether or not Celexa affects fertility?

2. Is Celexa safe during pregnancy?...I've thus far read a lot of conflicting info.

Thanks y'all....Have a great day!

Celtic

·
Registered
445 Posts
From what I have read Celexa is a Category C drug.

Quote:
A category C rating is given to drugs that have been shown to be harmful in animal studies but no studies have been conducted on pregnant humans. Drugs may also receive a category C rating if the drug was not studied in animals and there isn't enough evidence from studies in pregnant humans. This implies that the drug may or may not be safe to take.
I am pretty sure though if you are on any antidepressants that they recommend tapering off the drug during the last couple of weeks, so the baby won't have as many or no side effects from it. I would talk to your OB and if you see a psychiatrist or psychologist about what would be best for you.

I used to be on Celexa but I chose to wean myself off before I started TTC, but my circumstance is most likely different then yours. I had already been on it for awhile. I do know that there are times now that I can see how Celexa helped me, but they don't happen that often.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.