Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there,<br>
we are ttc #2 and I am so impatient already. We got pg the first try last time and of course I want that to happen again, which is so dangerous to my mental well being! Everything is complicated by the fact that I had HG (hyperemesis-sever vomiting and nausea in pregnancy) last time and research shows that there is an extremely high chance of reoccurence. I was hospitalized last time since I threw up water and had to receive hydration and this time if that happens, I will need lots of help. So, sorry to ramble, but I need to get pg quickly since this summer I have lots of help. Hubby is in business school and doing an internship in NYC so we are living with my parents (adds a whole other layer of stress, but it's rent free) and they could watch DS (2 years old) if I need to go into the hospital. All of the books that i have read say to take vitamin b6 prenatally( For HG help) so it is in your system and so I take about 50 mg. a day. My cervical mucus is just starting to show up on day 17!! I usually have a 35 day cycle or so, so maybe this is normal. I usually have a ton so I am baffled. I think stress and the fact that I am trying to eat much better (not nearly as much fat in my diet) may be affecting things. So my question is, could the b6 or milk thistle that I take (also for HG prevention) be affecting my Cervical mucus? Do I have something wrong with my luteal phase since it is so long? COuld I have a luteal phase defect? What is the definition of that? This is all so confusing to me and I am so fearful of leaving this summer not pg. and without help and then having to be in the hospital without family nearby.<br>
Thanks for reading this ramble,<br>
Elle

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I also had HG - what a bummer it was! I have not gotten pregnant again..but a friend of mine in AK also had HG with her first and not at all with her 2nd..can't help with the other stuff but wanted to lend some encouragement since I know how much that SUCKED feeling sick...gives me the creeps just thinking about it!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know if she did anything to help prevent getting it? Acunpuncture treatments, liver detoxes, anything? I would love if you could ask and get any info for me and PM me or email me at: <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><br>
I am so crazed on researching this and want to prevent getting it again, but so far there doesn't seem to be much out there to do this. Thanks for sharing. It did give me some hope!<br>
Elle

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I know she just jumped in and had faith - she was hesitant to go for #2 b/c of it...I think it is just rolling of the dice! we are different body types, different eating habits, etc. and both got it...so, not much more guidance on that, sorry there isn't a magic answer :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts