Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious if the newborn Bumpy Wool covers run pretty big ... in other words, if a newborn is say, 9 1/2 pounds or more at birth, will the cover still fit for a bit? I'm thinking ahead, and based on ds#2's birth weight (he was 9# 12oz.; ds#1 was 8 1/2 pounds), I'm thinking this bean might be big too. I need to order some snappi's now, so I thought it would be fun to get a newborn diaper cover and maybe a kissaluv's size 0 just to have around the house.
But, I was wondering first about the sizing of the bumpy before buying one.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The wool Bumpy especially runs large imo. The newborn looks about like a small cover to me. You have to take into account that it isn't stretchy but there is so much velcro adjustability I would think they could work a while for you.
Michelle

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yep, they run big. You'd probably want the newborn size versus the small! Then, you may even be able to skip to the medium. Especially with their wonderfully large velcro tabs, they're very adjustable! HTH!

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mamas!!!
And Oceanone - I'd get one if only for the fact that your daughter looked so adorable in hers!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I can't say about the wool ones, but I'd bought a small (bumpy day) for my babe, and at 9lbs and change (9lbs 5oz at birth) it was HUUUUGE...I had to fold over the velcro belly pad just to get it to stay on because the rise was about 2x too big...lol.

so i'd say on a newborn, the "newborn" size would fit the bigger babies perfectly. I plan on getting a few newborn covers for my next kiddo

For smaller babies (like 7lb ones) i'd even go with the preemie size, they run THAT big

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.