Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on using mostly prefolds with covers, and then a few pockets for when we are out and about.

What's your favorite newborn cover to use over a prefold?

Is there a newborn fleece cover you used over a prefold?

Is there a pocket or onesize that you like for a newborn?

I've got a few BG onesize pockets from my first babe. When do you think they will start to fit?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
BGs probably won't fit. My son started wearing them when he was about 4-5 months old. The Thirsties NB covers are great and I also second the FuzziBunz NB.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I plan to use Thirsties nb covers, as well as their AIO's for my nb, due in Aug. I have a lot of pockets with my ds, but I don't want the bulk and probably won't use them until a little later for this one. I'm sort of a fitteds kind of gal, though. : )

·
Registered
303 Posts
The Thirsties cover and AIO has been my favorite. It's worked great and held in the big BF poop explosions! The Pockets fit him, we tried when he was a week and we used the BG Pocket, but we don't use it regularly for him because we mostly use those for his sister still. I do like using fitteds on him and with that I use fleece (got longies and a soaker from www.zingslings.com and it works awesome!), but for prefolds, I only use the PUL covers.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I really like the Imse Vimse covers although they do run a bit large. I used a small stacinator on ds that I liked.

I like FB and BG both for pockets (although I have yet to try any other pocket) I used small FB on ds and I really like them for a newborn. The BG 3.0's fit ds from birth but he was 10+lbs. at birth....so I would say that your average OS would start fitting at about that size....10lbs. or so.

HTH.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.