Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I know I am very blessed to have such a good baby. But I worry that dd is TOO calm. She doesn't really cry unless she is starving which maybe only happens twice a day. The rest of the day I usually have to wake her to eat or she will just start making baby noises. When she isn't sleeping she just likes to sit where ever she is... On the Boppy, in my arms, in her bouncy seat, in the crib... And she just gazes off in space. I worry something may be wrong. I know she can see as she turns her head to look at my phone when the lights are off. And when I turn the light on at night to see she squints cuz the light bothers her. But is there a point where i should be worried or is she just a really mellow and easy baby? Ds was easy too but he did cry a bit more than her and didn't really do the gazing thing so much.

·
Registered
578 Posts
granted i don't have any LOs to compare your dd to, but i do know that every baby is different. so your dd may just be a mellow baby! i'm thinking that's probably the case...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I also posted in your BF question. How close or far from your due date was your baby born? Baby's born before 39 weeks can be much more sleepy and can have difficulty with nursing. Try not to fret to much but definitely keep rousing every 2 hours during the day, take off her clothes, tickle her feet, trust yourself, you will learn her cues and you will find your footing, it can be hard for even the most experienced of mamas at this point!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts