Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some Newborn LL from another mom. The first one I tried worked great with just a hemp 1 layer soaker layed in. The next one did not work so great. Should I try stripping them? Should I try the trifold soakers that also came with them (I haven't tried them because they look like they will take up so much room in the diaper). Any experience good or bad on these? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I've used them on my boys not to long ago. They worked great for daytime. I just didn't like the soakers all folded up..I thought it might be like sitting on a roll of toilet paper for them.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Are you talking about AIOs? I am not positive but I think if you dont have the soaker snapped in there is nothing absorbant in there -- its just the pul shell with a layer of fleece inside. Try just folding the soaker in half instead of thirds, that will make it less bulky.

·
Registered
683 Posts
The NBs come w/ a smaller lay-in soaker. It's about 4x6. If you have a larger trifold soaker, then you probably have the wrong soakers. I ended up using my hemp wipes as soakers. I would strip the soakers you have and see what happens. Next, I would try waterproofing the shells.<br><br>
The only thing in the shell is microfleece and PUL, so w/o the soaker it's like wearing a ziploc bag on his butt. I don't think stripping them would do anything.<br><br><br>
Good luck!!1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts