Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using ubcpf's and SWWs on my newborn and I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I have gotten the jelly roll fold down to where I don't have any poop leaks out the side and the cover stays clean, but I have some yellow staining that goes through the diaper and onto the cover with every change. I have been rinsing them in the sink and reusing them, but with changing him every hour or two and drying time I am going throughall 6 of my SWW every day!<br><br>
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
More covers? LOL Are you using a doubler? The nb stage is super fun with the runny poo, I think you are pretty lucky that you are able to contain the majority of the mess. I seriously would consider getting a few more covers though, and maybe a doubler would help a little?

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
We used prowraps for the brand-new newborn phase, and they always held the poo very well, tho it would get on the wraps maybe once every few days? We just trifolded and folded back the extra length of the prefolds, tho, so special folding or even snappi-- we were lazy and it worked just fine! I just kinda figured with newborns, the covers are meant to catch that poop!<br><br>
good luck!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I never worried about whether the poop got onto the covers, so you're one step ahead of me! But I also found that when my kids were pooping frequently, the volume was generally low enough that it didn't leak through the prefolds or get on the covers. Whereas when the volume of poop was higher such that the covers did get dirty, the kids were only pooping once a day or less.<br><br>
But I also do the diaper laundry every day when I have a young baby in the house, because I find it easier that way, rather than waiting until I'm close to being out of diapers and hoping I manage to get the wash done in time. My kids have both been intolerant of wet diapers, so I chang(ed) them around 14-18 times a day as infants.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts