Mothering Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dd was born in july, so this wasnt much of a problem, i had some socks that always fell off<br><br>
I do have a few footies, but dd was tiny and they never worked out well for her<br><br>
I remember having robeez but they where huge on her<br><br><br>
So the first few months lets say 3, when its winter I want my newborn to have warm feet. i know he will mostly be swaddled and in sleep sacks<br><br>
but anyone have recs for slippers or booties that actually stay on and come in newborn size?

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Maybe some wool socks that go far up the leg. You could use babylegs to hold them on.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Can you knit? This pattern is fast and the booties stay on very well: <a href="http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hodge" target="_blank">http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hodge</a><br><br>
Or send me a message and i'll email you a pattern ...

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
sometimes they have random stuff at target.<br>
we had a pair of fake-ugg looking mocassins that were fur lined and tied shut at the ankles. they were maybe $7 and she wore them all winter. some people just thought i was being one of those obnoxious moms that dresses up their newborn but they were cozy and the socks stayed on.

·
Registered
357 Posts
In the winter, I had DD in socks in the house--or a cotton onesie--and dressed her in big onesie snowsuit if we went outside. That was perfect for her.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I had one or two pairs of pants with footies attached; those and sleepers with feet are probably your best bet. If you still think the baby's feet are too cold, you can put socks on the baby under the pants/sleeper.

·
Registered
527 Posts
DD wore a lot of fotted longsleeve pjs. A lot, like everyday lol!

·
Registered
559 Posts
It's winter here, and my babe is in footed onsies/all in ones with socks inside. He's quite petite (or at least thats what everyone tells me) so some of his socks come all the way up to his knees!

·
Registered
983 Posts
We love Hannah Andersson socks and mocassins! They're great for staying on little feet for some reason, I think they're fitted better.

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
I'm planning on socks with teeny tiny baby shoes-- I found some random ones that come nice and small, smaller than Robeez. I also have some ones from DD that are VERY small. I'm hoping they stay on!

·
Registered
357 Posts
A friend bought me a pair of pink baby Converse when DD was born, and they actually stay on really well over a pair of socks. DD always manages to pull the double-knot undone, but the shoes never come off.

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
We live in a cold climate, 2 of my 3 babies have been born during the winter. I just do socks with footed PJs and a onesie underneath all the time, that is their standard outfit. Add blankets and they ahve always been warm enough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts