Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last weekend...ears ringing and *real* lightheadedness (sp)

last couple of days...foot going numb and now foot cramps *ouch*.

Anyone else with some funky symptoms?

Upon looking these up and talking to my midwife unless they are always persistant, they aren't to be concerned about; just a pain in the rear (please don't let me get that too).

·
Registered
209 Posts
the leg cramping in the middle of the night has gotten pretty bad for me. it's gone from once to about 3 or 4 times, and it freakin' hurts!!! i've upped my banana intake, and i drink a ton of water; so, i'm not real sure what else to do about it.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I've heard that leg cramps are related to a lack of magnesium, but that magnesium can take a few weeks to build up enough in the system to be effective against them. Hmph. Wish I would have known that the last two times when I was a chronic leg cramp sufferer!

I've been taking a magnesium supplement from the get-go this time and have had no leg cramps. However, I have very uncomfortable pubic pain. In my blog, I described it as having had intimate relationships with a fence post. OUCH.

Have I mentioned I'm glad this is my last pregnancy?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by atljenny47
the leg cramping in the middle of the night has gotten pretty bad for me. it's gone from once to about 3 or 4 times, and it freakin' hurts!!! i've upped my banana intake, and i drink a ton of water; so, i'm not real sure what else to do about it.
I agree with upping your magnesioum. Also, (this is from my chiropractor AND my OB), get up and walk to the kitchen or bathroom, wherever you have a tiled floor that will feel cool on your feet. For some reason the cool floor will help the cramp release. It works!

·
Registered
209 Posts
thanks for the advice ladies. i'll definitely look into the magnesium, and the bathroom isn't too far away. maybe i can time my leg cramps with the need to go pee!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yeah, I have the leg cramp problem too, although not for a few weeks. One time it was so bad my legs were sore for a good two days after a really bad cramp in each leg! I read somewhere that some folks think it can be due to general lack of nutrition, but it also said that no one knows for sure. I've been making more of an effort to eat healthy and that seems to work.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I swear I have had every single symptom of pregnancy during these past months but lately, its the sciatica that's causing the most problems, usually happens when I'm walking or if I turn slightly on my leg which causes intense back pain and I dont know what to do besides seeing a chiropracter which isnt really an option at this point due to financial reasons...any ideas?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've had ringing in my ears too, I wonder what that's from.
Foot falling asleep, back pain, all the fun stuff.
I noticed that the stretching and movements of prenantal yoga help take the pressure out of my back.

·
Registered
467 Posts
STRETCH!!!!!!! Stretch those calves before bed for as long as you can. Mag helps and Potassium also, but stretching is the only real solution. They are so painful, my dh says I get demonic when I wake up with one, making crazy noise, clinching anything I can, rolling around. I told him, "wait till you see me in labor"

·
Registered
209 Posts
overall my general nutrition is top notch. i eat really well, a wide variety of healthy foods, take my prenatals and drink my nettle/rrl tea. so, i don't think it could be that with the legs.

stretching before bed is a good idea too.

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
I eat really well and still got leg cramps almost very night until I started taking a evening walk. I did this for this 3 weeks and didn't have a single cramp, skipped my walk one night and woke up with 3 cramps in the night. Now I don't skip it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
My HIPS fall asleep moreso than my feet. It's really quite aggravating, it's almost like the opposite of restless leg syndrome!
Ahhhhhhhhh, the leg cramps. Fortunately, DH wakes up (probably because I'm screaming bloody murder in the middle of the night) to work out the kinks for me. Isn't he a doll?!?!
Anyone still having the round ligament pains? I fell asleep the other night against my body pillow and wanted to roll out of the bed (I was facing the other direction) to go to the bathroom. I couldn't roll over without the agony of round ligament pain, and I couldn't roll the other direction because baby and belly were in the way. I felt like such a beached whale!!
Finally, I endured the pain and somehow got out of bed...then DH tells me, "oh you should have woken me up, I'd have helped you!" As if it was not mortifying enough to be beached in my bed without being able to roll over!!!!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I've been having pain in one of my sacro-illiac joints for the past couple of weeks. No fun.

Other than that, my newest symptom is that I am just really tired. Almost like it was in the early weeks, when I needed a nap between getting home from work and making dinner. Hard to say if the current sleepies are third tri sleepies or heat-induced sleepies (it's been 30+ degrees here (celsius!) and no where has air conditioning...).

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I'm more tired...taking naps almost every day...but that could be because I'm running myself into the ground with my nesting.
I've repainted & reorganized several rooms & am in the middle of doing my lower level hallway, foyer, laundry room, DH's weightroom, the girl's bathroom, & 8yo DD's bedroom. Oh...I'm also half way thru renovating my main bathroom...but I'm waiting for the plumber to do the pedestal sink before I can move forward in there.
: I'm one of those nutty people who prob have some sort of ADHD or something
I can't work on just one thing at a time. I have to have a million plates spinning at once in order to work at maximum efficiency. I work on whatever I feel like doing each day...but I need several different projects to choose from. All but the main bathroom are on the lower level of the house...so at least I'm nice & cool. (The upper level is like a freakin oven...but downstairs is quite comfortable)

I'm rambling...
I also have the nasty hips-separating-lower-back pain-pelvic-agony thing going on. But I've been waiting for it...it usually hits me at about 24 weeks...this time it didn't hit until about 28. Oh yeah! I also have wicked heartburn, the baby's bum up under my ribs causing rib/back pain, waking a zillion times a night to pee & now (fun fun!) hemorrhoids.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.