·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Breast "cover gets mixed reaction

Some of the comments of these women just made me want to

And with a comment like this:

Quote:
Yet in a poll of more than 4,000 readers, a quarter of responses to the cover were negative, calling the photo - a baby and part of a woman's breast, in profile - inappropriate.
I am really grumpy...so what if 1/4 of the responses were negative...75% OF THE RESPONSES WERE POSITIVE OR NEUTRAL!!! The article has facts, but they seem to be slanted to the negative.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Huh, so this unofficial survey found that 25% of Americans are perverts. Guess it's not safe to walk alone at night. What especially wierds me out is the people who didn't raise their teenage sons to be able to calmly view a woman's body. I'd better watch out at the beach because my swimsuit shows a lot more cleavage than that pic and I'm bound to inflame some poor little male mind.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
I didn't find the article overwhelmingly negative. I think it points out some good points. I also think that there seems to be more negativity coming from "older moms" who didn't breastfeed than younger ones who did, or do.

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
There was a horrible article on the front page of MSN.com. I can't even bring myself to post what it said. It was wretched.
And for once I find myself saying Hooray for Babytalk. The cover of the magazine said Why women don't nurse as long or something as similar. I almost (emphasis on almost) wish I had a copy to look at.

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
Well, I just had to laugh when I saw the line that said something about it being a trend to be a "mommy activist." So, I guess we're all trendy now!

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Quote:
"Gross, I am sick of seeing a baby attached to a boob," wrote Lauren, a mother of a 4-month-old.
I feel sorry for that poor baby, who I'm sure never got to taste mama milk.
:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoMama
Well, I just had to laugh when I saw the line that said something about it being a trend to be a "mommy activist." So, I guess we're all trendy now!
That part almost made me laugh as well. I was thinking, "Aren't we supposed to be activists in a way?!"
:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts