Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies. Do any of you have any insight on this issue:

I sent out a newsletter on Wednesday and some people have reported not receiving it and that it's not in their Spam folder. My software says all were sent and that about 40% were opened.

Is there any kind of block that would keep these from going through? Anything I should try to change? I used the email address associated with my website (amanda(at)rebuild-from-depression.com). Would it be helpful to use another address?

Amanda

·
Premium Member
2,785 Posts
It could have been blocked on the server before it even made it to the recipient's inbox or spam folder. The algorithms for detecting spam are pretty complex, but were they being sent as cc: or bcc: addresses, or individual messages to each person? (The latter being best.) Also, do you think your host name has been blacklisted for any reason? Are the people not getting your emails on hotmail, or yahoo, or smaller hosts?

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They were individual message and the domain hasn't been around long enough to be black listed. I'm not sure of the host of the non-recipients. I'll investigate. One issue is that I did have html code in the messages, so I will send out another today without code and see if there is any difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.