Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<a href="http://www.msnbc.com/news/965745.asp" target="_blank">http://www.msnbc.com/news/965745.asp</a><br><br>
Many reasons are given for environmental allergies, but what about dietary? Why would my son be allergic to dairy and eggs from the very beginning? I'm glad to read this in a national publication, however there is a link to a horrible little quiz about vaccines.

·
Registered
758 Posts
My son and others in my family have had dairy allergies. Here are a few of the reasons dairy causes allergies that I have found out about in the past few years:<br><br>
pasteurization and homogonization kill the enzymes and probiotics that naturally are in milk (human as well) that help make milk digestible.<br><br>
Cows milk was designed for calfs, who need to be able to stand on their first day of life. The amount of protein and other nutrients does not match the needs of humans.<br><br>
The feed fed to dairy animals (unless organic) is often very low quality grains instead of fresh greens from grazing.<br><br>
The antibiotics and hormones given to dairy animals I don't think are PROVEN to cause any ill effects in humans but one can only wonder.<br><br>
Good luck in your search for info.<br><br>
MaryTG

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">But industrialization has also brought about declines in infectious diseases and close exposure to farm animals. The “hygiene hypothesis” holds that it is precisely these (mostly desirable) trends that have contributed to the rise in allergies. The human immune system, which evolved in a natural environment teeming with hostile bacteria and parasites, finds itself uncomfortably idle in the antiseptic confines of the modern suburb, and, failing to mature properly, takes out its frustration on harmless peanuts and shrimp.<br>
<snip><br><br>
The eventual hope, says Ownby, is for a way to “<b>artificially stimulate the immune system</b> to reduce [allergy] risk without having all these diseases.”</td>
</tr></table></div>
(Bold emphasis mine.)<br><br>
First of all, I can't believe this article would point out that a lack of disease contributes to allergies and then doesn't mention that maybe vaccines are to blame! Secondly, they want to artificially stimulate the immune system? That's crazy! Doctors want to vaccinate children against relatively benign diseases like chicken pox, and then when the children's immune systems go haywire, somehow trick the body into thinking it's sick? That sounds dangerous to me.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I remember reading a few years back about a *dirt* vaccine.I kid you not! It talked about how our over use of anti-bacterials has created a more sterile environment,and that this was bad for the immune system-hence the need for injecting people with a dirt vaccine.I think there was some testing done over in Africa.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I read this article, too. What struck me was the fact that they suggested exclusive breastfeeding to 6 mos. to help avoid allergies, which is great, but never considered the fact that the trend toward not breastfeeding might have something to do with the allergy epidemic.

·
Registered
726 Posts
... everyone needs to check out my Hope, Faith and activism thread for the issue of "leaky gut" syndrome:<br><br><a href="http://mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82341&highlight=Hope+faith+and+activism" target="_blank">http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...h+and+activism</a><br><br><br>
Get Cultured (Probiotic that is!),<br><br>
Ray

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My own pet theory to explain ds's allergies has to due with cultural differences. Dh's father is Lithuanian and the native diet is pretty heavy with fish and veggies. Not too much dairy or eggs as far as I can tell. Dh is highly allergic to everything it seems, and his brother and nephew are the same way. Of course it could just be lucky genetics, but I wonder how much eating differently from your immediate generations effects us.

·
Registered
726 Posts
...at the difference in vaccination schedules between generations,<br><br>
now THAT'S a smoking gun!!<br><br><br>
Vaccination: It's an Epidemic!<br><br><br>
Ray<br><br>
P.S. The hormones, antibiotics, pesticides, agri.chem residues, air pollution and water contamination aren't helping either.<br><br>
GO ORGANIC!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts