Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, from Oregon! I've been on MDC for a little while now, but haven't posted a whole lot yet. I am a [email protected] to my two and a half year old son, which seems to be a full-time job in itself.
My husband is finishing up grad school this January, and we will be moving cross-country to Maryland/DC then. We are very traditional Roman-Catholics, which is an interesting combo with AP. There just are not too many other AP mom's that I've met at church. But we are making it work and loving it.

We are a co-sleeping, extended breastfeeding, cloth diapering, sling wearing, and over-all organic food eating family. We are pretty AP, but we do use the occasional stroller. We've just transitioned my son from sleeping in our bed to a mattress on the floor in our room. And, he is in the process of switching from one 3 hour nap during the day, to no nap with a really early bedtime. Needless to say, we are all a bit sleep deprived.

Honestly, we never started out with intentions of being AP parents. We've just mainly parented by instinct, which has naturally led us down this path. My son had a crib when he was born that pretty much sat untouched, except for the occassional nap.
Our extended families are fairly uneducated as far as AP goes, but they are definately receptive to learning about it and very supportive.

Well, I'm happy to meet all of you, and to find this wonderful network of like-minded mamas. The amount of collective knowledge you all have is amazing. I love reading all the questions and answers on the boards, and I've learned a lot about how I want to parent in the process.

Kelli

·
Registered
1,946 Posts

Nice to meet you too! I'm not a mom yet. However, I found MDC to be exactly where I want to be! I'll be TTC next April. And where I come from to be an AP you don't need to battle with anybody, it's expected naturally!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by toddlermama16
We are going to be TTC #2 around that time of year, too. We are planning for around Feb/March, that way we'll be moved by then. Thanks for the welcome!

Kelli
Great! Looking forward to seeing your posts!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.