Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are took dd to her 2 mo. check-up today. Normally, she would be getting her first set of vaccs today but when the Dr. asked about them, dh and I explained that we had decided to delay vaccines and start her when she's 4 mos. old. The dr. replied with, "That's just fine. Whatever you want to do".

He also asked if I was bf'ing and I said yes. He said, "That's great. Keep up the good work". He had stressed at our first visit that she doesn't NEED anything but breastmilk for the first year and that if we wanted to give her solids to please wait until after 6 mos. of age.

Even before the dr. came in the med. assistant took her temp. and noticed her cloth dipes. She said they were the coolest diapers she'd ever seen.
Well, I guess she went and told another assistant about them because when the visit was over another girl who was pg came in and said, "I was told to come and check out the really cool diapers".
So I got to show off dd dipes and tell her all about www.diaperpin.com and the diapering forums here at Mothering! She sounded really interested in cloth dipes and said she'd check it out.

Yay!

Just wanted to share!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Thats wonderful !! So nice ot hear there are wonderful understanding drs out there. When I took my ds in for his two month check a few weeks back I also said i wanted to depaya nd i got" I will call cps on you if you dont get the shots..
: " Cried and stared at the dr for 45 min...... Glad you have a wonderful dr for your sweet dd!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OMG! I remember reading your story. I was telling dh about you on the way home. He said if anyone said that to him they'd have to call the cops too 'cuz he'd punch them in the nose! I see you're in AZ. Where 'bouts? I can give you the name of our doc. He's not a ped, he's a DO and runs a family practice. He's sooooo nice!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sounds like a good visit. I am going to a new doc recommended by a woman I met at LLL. My current ped is so uninterested and always in a rush, it doesnt even seem like a real relationship. She always asks me what formula I use, and she always comments on our "weird" diapers (FBs)...I hope the new doc is more in tune with our parenting choices!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts