Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Does anyone have a nicely worded letter I can use for school? </p>
<p> Just got a call from the school nurse to tell me that Andrew could be "excluded" from school because they do not have records showing that he is fully vaccinated and the DPH is very strict about vax records.<br>
I wish I could write them a letter saying it is none of their business what vax my son has or hasn't had, and the government has no business poking their nose in my family's medical records...<br>
But since I can't do that... I know there is a nicely worded letter floating around about selective/delaxed vax that you can give to schools.. anyone have a link?</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
<p>What state are you in?<br><br>
Most states have a protocol where you fill out an exemption form, and either have the doctor sign it (if it is a medical exemption) or sign it yourself (if it is a religious or philosophical exemption).  All the school needs is the form.  Once they have the form, they cannot exclude the child from school unless there is a major outbreak in the school.  And if that's the case, you can ask your physician for a blood test, to see if your child may have already been exposed and is immune, even without the vaccine.  If that's the case, then they can't exclude your child, even if he hasn't had the vaccine.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts