Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>We found out several weeks ago that we are having a girl (hooray!) and are now in the process of choosing a name.  My husband suggested Madeline, which I think I could love, but I am pretty sure it would get shortened to Maddie as a nickname.  Our younger son is Atticus, nickname Atti.  Would it be annoying after awhile to have two nicknames that sound so similar?  I imagine calling upstairs to one of them, only to get the other one answering thinking I had called his/her name.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Do you think this is a reason to avoid the name Madeline?  I'm not completely hung up on the name, and neither is my husband, but so far it's one name we can (kind of) agree on, so I'm weighing it out.</p>

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
<p>Yeah, I honestly would probably avoid the name in that case. I had thought about going with Madeline as well earlier this pregnancy (not sure what I'm having) but decided to not go with it as Madison is soooo popular and therefore so is the nickname Maddie. That's another reason not go with it if that would matter to you.</p>

·
Registered
10,706 Posts
<p>I don't really like Atti and Maddi but you don't have to shorten Madeline.  I also know someone who shortens it as Mad.  </p>

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
<p>My name is Holly, my sister's name is Kelly. They sound pretty similar when called, but the bonus there is, a lot of times both kids will respond. lol!</p>

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
<p>I really love the name Arden, but with an Aidan in the house we've decided not to use it.  For me Maddie and Atti would be too cutsie as well.</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts