Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all wear at night to both keep your pads in place and also to nurse the baby throughout the night?

If I wear anything too loosey goosey (some camisoles I got from motherwear for example) the pads slip out of place and I wake up with a huge wet spot(s).

Any recommendations/ideas?

·
Registered
11,527 Posts
I wear a nursing tank to bed. Target used to carry them but I don't think they do anymore. They are similar to the Glamourmom tanks. Leading Lady also makes a nursing tank now that is better priced than the Glamourmom with bigger openings.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
When ds wa smaller and I was still leaking everywhere al the time, I wore my Bravado bras to bed. Tehy were easy to manage int he dark, kept the nursing pads in place, and were supportive which teh first year(ish) I needed at night as well as day.

Actyally, a nursing bra and jammie pants were my uniform 24/7 for a long time

·
Registered
188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxine45
What do you all wear at night to both keep your pads in place and also to nurse the baby throughout the night?

If I wear anything too loosey goosey (some camisoles I got from motherwear for example) the pads slip out of place and I wake up with a huge wet spot(s).
I've been wearing a loose bra to bed and place the (one) pad on the breast that needs to be nursed next, that way I easily know which breast to offer. So right before I nurse baby, I move the pad over to the other breast (if it's dry - if not, I grab a fresh one from my bedside table). Does this make sense?
:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I don't wear anything on top. I got so many blankets for my daughter's birth that I lay a thick blanket down and my daughter and I lay on top of it. Somtimes I'll put a prefold under us.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I wear a sleep bra to bed, to hold the pads in place (otherwise I wake up in a PUDDLE!). I can just push the cup to the side when I have to nurse and then tuck it back in afterwards--no messing with snaps, and now I can save my Bravado nursing bras for daytime use.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'll put in another plug here for LilyPadz, the latex-like things you can use in place of nursing pads. They don't soak up the milk, they actually keep it from coming out by keeping pressure on the nipple. You can sleep in them and because they adhere to the breast you don't even have to wear a bra. Love 'em.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by romans_mum
i've heard that the lily padz can cause a drop in supply.
that's interesting -- i hadn't heard it. maybe i'll start another thread somewhere to see what people know about this. i've used them for several months with no apparent problem, but i'd like to know more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts