Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
It sounds like it may have just been a regular nightmare - I hope for your sake that's what it was. DS has night terrors, and it is really trying sometimes. With night terrors the child is in a deep sleep and will not recognize the parents when they try to comfort him - he's basically inconsolable until the episode is over, which thankfully doesn't last long. Another characteristic of night terrors is that the child will not remember the episode the next day. My pediatrician has assured me that this does not mean my son is psychologically distressed, and will have no long term effects from them. She said they generally outgrow them by school age.

Anyway, as far as your DD is concerned, maybe try something soothing at bedtime so she is really calm and relaxed - like a lavendar bath or cup of chamomile tea? Then maybe she will sleep better?

Good luck to you! I can definitely sympathize, because when I was pregnant with DD I was having to get up 1-2 times a night with DS. Not fun.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.