Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past few weeks, dd (29 mo) has been waking up between 1 and 3 in the morning every night. She isn't fully awake, usually just tossing and turning and whining with a little bit of crying - until last night. She woke me up around 1:30 screaming like she was being hurt. Dh and I soothed her back to sleep, rubbing her back, talking softly and she went right back to sleep - not that she was really awake. Is this the normal night terror stage or could it be something else? She is at home with me all day long, just the two of us until big sister gets home from school around 3. I've been paying close attention to what happens during her day and I can't see anything that might cause nightmares. It is starting to really wear on me - I'm in my seventh month of pregnancy and sleep is elusive anyway so waking every night is really making it difficult to function during the day. Is there anything I can do to help her sleep better at night or is this just a phase I'm going to have to help her get through? BTW, she sleeps with us right now, I've been thinking about trying to get her to sleep in her own bed, but haven't made the switch yet, don't want to do anything that may further upset her. Anyone else dealing or dealt with this?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.