Mothering Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My daugther is 4.5 and I still put her in a pull up at night becuase she pees in the middle of the night.

I've tried for a few nights try with just underwear but she is peeing when she is asleep and woken up after the fact

Around what age did your little ones start waking up and going to the potty?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Not at 4.5 I don't think. Somewhere between five and six but closer to five. She started wearing pants to bed when her nappy had been consistently dry every night for a week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: VsAngela

·
Registered
530 Posts
This varies hugely and is determined at least in part by genetics. At age 5, roughly 15% of kids won't be having 7/7 completely dry nights. At 10, it's still 5% (Pubmed: Nocturnal enuresis in children: Management, July 11, 2016)

·
Registered
100 Posts
My girl is 8 and i have given up on fruitless efforts to keep her dry. I just wake her up in the middle of the night to go and have mattress protectors in case we miss it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
My kids are 8 and 5 and they also still both wake up with wet pullups most mornings. Even the no drinking before bedtime rule doesn't seem to make a difference. I also tried having them wear underwear to bed, to no avail. Waiting and hoping to consistently find dry pullups soon. :1praying

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does she kick off her blanket and is she cold during the night? Definitely have a mattress protector and a towel under the sheet and make sure she is nice and warm.
Talk to her about it in a very nice way.
I had 3 incidents with my 5 year old this past fall I ascribe to school stress but with lots of gentle reminding I was able to get her to become aware of it.
They also do it when they go into a super deep sleep sometimes.
Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, new here.

Some Canadian doc in Montreal in the 80s noticed that most kids who have accidents are constipated or have impacted colons. The pressure of the colon pushes against the bladder causing a "weak" bladder. Even if your child has a few bms a day they can still have impacted colons or be constipated. Signs include: smelly breath even if you have excellent hygiene, misshapped bms (google up Bristol Stool Chart), hard belly or bloated belly.

Things you can do: kid safe laxative. (I use Organic Hexane Free Castor Oil----this is not a substitute for medical advice)
Lots of water! The warmest water you can get them to drink
Don't rush them in the bathroom
Let them use a stool to place feet while on toilet. Squatting position easier on colon and allows for better evacuation.
Try going dairy free for a week. Pasturized dairy can cause constipation. If you drink raw milk then don't stop.
Dates! Sweet and wonderful and get the bowels moving.
Probiotics.
Exercise.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
I stopped fighting that battle with my youngest and let him wear night time pull ups until he naturally stopped peeing at night. For him it was after he turned 9. I decided the problem was my attitude, and it was more important that he got a great nights sleep.

Reactions: Turquesa

·
Registered
12 Posts
Our son is, 4.5, and still has an overnight accident once every few weeks. He wakes up after it happens and wants dry clothes. But if he wears overnight underwear he stays dry all night.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts