Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS is just over 3 months and hs always been a great night time sleeper, although naps are another story...

Anyhow the past five nights he has been fighting me at night about going to sleep. He starts falling asleep and then starts screaming- this repeats for over an hour. He falls asleep and then whimpers in his sleep and sometimes wakes himself up all over again. Last night it took over 1 1/2 hours for him to go down for the night.

Any help, suggestions, support, or tips would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I am going through a similar thing with my 5 month old. We are unable to co-sleep for safety reasons so she is in a crib. Around 5 nights ago she started crying everytime I put her in her crib. I would pick her up and get her back to sleep after about 30-45 minutes only to have her wake up again when I laid her down. I have now been sleeping on the couch with her on my chest for about 3 nights. She still wakes up crying sometimes but I at least get 1-2 hours of sleep at a time. If anyone has ideas or suggestions I know that I could use some help.

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
Could be teething.

Could be ear inflammation or infection.

You can choose to try a homeopathic remedy or Baby Motrin and see if it helps.

A possibilty it could be another kid of pain (thrush?) or a virus (gut or repiratory) coming on.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Lukas has been doing this alot lately. Last night he woke up all the time. We co-sleep so we know everytime he stirs. He's almost 6 months. Sometimes we think it is teething when it happens and we go the baby tylenol route but that doesn't help and the next day he is better. He has good nights and bad nights. Definitely nothing regular.

Sometimes I think it's gas and sometimes it is. (he's bottle fed) We've been dabbling in solids and sometimes he is gassy so I use gas drops. That sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

My spiritual side thinks little ones are more in tune with the universe and the unity of us all so when he was fussy last week I think he may be sensing the problems in Asia and the trouble those souls are going through.

I have started doing Yoga lately before I go to bed and that really relaxes me and I find we both sleep better. It's probably because my breathing is better so is his.

Hope some of this helps. At least you know you aren't alone.

Vic:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.