Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 13 week old that's been ECing since 8 weeks. I was wondering what the thoughts are about night time pottying. I've read somewhere that if you put the baby on the potty in the middle of the night, he won't learn to hold his poos and pees and that I'd be reinforcing his mid-night wakings so that he can potty. (I'd love for him/us to sleep as long as possible and I'm wondering if he'll continue to get up just to potty.) He currently wakes up 2-3 times a night to breastfeed which is when I also change his diaper and put him on the potty.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Our experience was that our son gradually started holding it longer and longer during the night and opting not to go when we offered. He is, for the most part, night dry now at 14 months, and has been for a few months. We didn't start nighttime EC until maybe 6 months, though, and only because he insisted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i have a 2+ year old and have done EC as have been able with going back to work, relying on other carers and staying at other people's places so it has been slow. Am now trying to get my daughter to stay dry during the night but am washing a lot of sheets! I got her up once to the toilet the first night but seem to need to get her up more. Am still breast feeding at night before bed for half an hour. Also dunno if getting her up is best or could get her up later and later as time goes by to encourage her to hold on? Need to travel in 2 months so hoping she'll be completely trained by then.
Any thoughts welcome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.