Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!
I don't post here often, but I do read everything and just love what you all have to say!
I have a 2 yr old who has only slept a 5 hr stretch a handfull of times in her little life. We co-sleep and nurse on demand pretty much. The demand is getting more and more and I am trying to hang on and be patient.

She is getting her 2 yr molars and I know she is hurting-she has always been a horrible teether and I suspect this is part of her problem at night (she wakes at least every 2 hrs).
I am willing to stick this out but I need to know that things will improve after these teeth come in! I know it could be months more until they are all in and I am tired, tired, tired! My DH sleeps in another room so I can get the best chance of sleep possible with her and I miss him-I look at my bed longingly wishing for just a few hrs uninterrupted sleep.

Anyway-my dd is very spirited and I have no ability to let her cry so nightweaning is not really an option for me right now.

Anyone see improvement on it's own when 2 yr molars came in?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
2 year molars are awful! Mine got them all at once, pure h*ll for a week+. Our friend is getting them slowly one at a time and has been miserable and screaming for a long time now.

For us, I just held him close during the days (lots & lots of fresh air), snuggled at night and then it was over. He is now sleeping 11 hours at night w/only a couple of quasi wakeups just to reach over and make sure I'm there.

This from the kid who woke up every half hour for months and months and months. His body just wasn't ready. And, now it is.
So, started around 23 mos.

So, there is HOPE!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Sorry, my ds is 2 1/2 and his 3rd molar is coming in now...one more to go. I'm hoping for the same thing!!! No advice, but we're in the same boat. I think he's slept a 5 hour stretch....maybe twice!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.