Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I should post this in the toddler forum or here. Well Abi seems to be day trained now and wearing undies, but at night I still want to have her in something that will catch pee. I had been putting a sposie diaper on her at night ever since she became allergic to fleece and she has been waking up dry about 50-75% of the time since she was EC'd at 6 mos. old. Since she's been potty trained it's more like she wakes up wet about 1-2 times a week at most.<br><br>
I thought about not buying any more sposie products after I use up what we have, and have some Kushies waterproof trainers to use instead. The few nights that I've put the Kushies on her she's soaked them and then woken up screaming and very upset about it and it takes several minutes to calm her down again. When I put a sposie on her she rarely pees in it at all and skeeps through the night.<br><br>
Just to make sure she's not peeing in the sposie I closely inspect it but the thing is dry and doesn't smell like urine or anything. If she peed as much in the sposie as she does in Kushies she'd fill the sposie up.<br><br>
What's the deal with that?? I can't figure out if it's just coincidence or if there's some reason she pees in the Kushies and not the sposies? I'm tired of throwing away clean sposies after 3-4 nights of her not peeing in them. Still not to the point where I want to try her at night in regular undies-- not really in the mood to strip sheets being pg and all.<br><br>
Darshani

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Darshani,<br><br>
Sorry to barge here. I tried to respond to your PM, but your box is full. I am interested. How can I get in touch with you? Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
12,839 Posts
I really don't know why toddlers do things like that. Maybe the cloth is just more familiar to pee in? I never used disposable pull ups during pt ing but dd would pee in ANY soft cotton pull up pant I put her in so I ended up taking them all away and she did not pee in her underwear at night. I had plastic over the mattress just in case and a big thirsty towel under her- since she did wet every time dh travelled- that was about once every three months and I never knew when she might wet and I had NO desire to strip beds either since I had a newborn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts