Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">DS just turned 7 and although he potty trained great, he was still wetting at night very consistently and wearing pull ups. I read quite a few posts here about similar aged kids having the same issue. It really helped to know mine was normal</span></span> <span style="font-family:wingdings;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">J</span></span><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">And the advise was great – thanks so much!</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">Well folks we are making huge progress! There is hope!</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">What we’ve done is:</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">Limit drinks 2 hours before bed, although sometimes he gets sips of water</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">Figure out when he pees at night. Seemed to be 2 -3 hours after bed time and again in the early morning when everyone was still sleeping.</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">We started to get him 2 - 3 hours after bedtime (11 pm), help him walk to the toilet and back to bed</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">We encouraged him to get up if he needed too.</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">We put a nightlight in the bathroom.</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">Tons of praise.</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">We noticed he started to pee less in the AM and now can hold it until he gets up OR he gets up early to use the bathroom</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">He is also getting up occasionally on his own and using the toilet 2 – 3 hours before we wake him!</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">He spent the night at my parents house and used their toilet TWICE at night on his own. I was beyond words proud.</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">So I think his body has clicked in and we’ve help create predictable habits – both have helped.</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">Rhianna (and Brendan)</span></span></p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts