Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DD is 31 months - I encouraged her to night-wean last month. She offered very little resistance (if she had, I would have pulled back). She now nurses to sleep and "when the sun comes up", and on demand during the day when we're together.<br><br>
I, and our day-care provider, have both noticed she's putting things in her mouth a lot the last couple of weeks. She has never ever gone through this phase, and I've become very complacent - I'm now having to baby-proof for a kid who in most ways is a preschooler - making sure that coins are out of reach, doll shoes that she's been using for 6 months, etc.<br><br>
Has anyone noticed that their dks have become more "oral" after partial weaning? I'm wondering if it's a coincidence or not. I'm not interested in returning to night-time nursing at this point - she was nursing every 1.5 hours or so, and I am going through an IVF cycle so I need to reduce nursing to a compromise level.<br><br>
Any thoughts? In the meantime, regardless of cause, she obviously has the need to put things in her mouth so I'm going to do what I would have when she was a baby - supply things she can put in her mouth and child-proof :)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Perdita,<br><br>
I haven't started the weaning process, but my dd also goes through stages where she puts things in her mouth. Particularily when teeth are bothering her. Right now thankfully she is only biting her hands. I don't know of the cause for your dd but you're doing fine by child-proofing. I hope it's a short-lived stage for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts