Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ds has been diaper free for a year. Before that he's been dry through the night 99% of the time since he was 6 months (crazy huh). He recently had a huge growth spurt, started sleeping really heavy and started bedwetting about 2 times a week. I've been trying to wake him and take him potty but yesterday it happened at 7:30 am after a potty trip. Usually needing to pee makes him wake and fuss a little and I can recognize the cues. Right now he is sleeping like a rock all the way through (even through pj change and putting a towel down).
What have other co-sleeping families done about bedwetting phases? It seems silly to put him in nighttime diapering right now but ds is a VERY close sleeper and either dh or I end up soaked as well.
Any advice?

· Registered
1,212 Posts
certain foods can trigger nighttime wetting. dairy, soy, and i am sure there are more but i am short on typing time. have any new foods been introduced? or maybe soda? to keep you dry until you figure it out you may try diapers again. if you dont want the dc to know, and he is sleeping that heavy, you could diaper him after he falls asleep maybe. I do EC and dd1 always went at night so i had a system that worked for me wihtout diapers, but your dc is older and probabbly has a larger bladder gg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.