Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a disposable diaper recommendation? Or, a method of getting my 3 year old dd to wake up in the am without peeing on the bed? We have used both huggies and pampers and they both leak when she has her first pee in the bed. I have tried to wake her up and get her to the pot but she wakes up very, very cranky and often refuses to use the pot or even get out of bed. It becomes a big fight, which seems a bad way to wake up. So, I let her wake up on her own but then she pees as she is waking and it leaks onto the bed. This happens almost very day! I am getting tired of washing sheets every day. The mattress cover protects the mattress, so that is not an issue. But, is there a diaper that won't leak? Or a method of getting her to not pee in the bed first thing?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Kathy

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Have you tried GoodNights? We used them for a month when we were traveling overseas and they worked pretty well. They also make nighttime pull-ups now, but I've never tried them.

We had/occasionally still have the same type of problem. DS drinks a ton at night and will sometimes wet just as he is waking up, and it always goes everywhere and I end up washing sheets. I used a well-stuffed Fuzzi Bunz for a year when we were CDing and it was kind of hit-or-miss. They were sufficent about 5/7 nights out of the week when he was wetting every night.

He is (thankfully) able to pee on demand now so I take him about three times before we hit the sheets and he usually stays dry until I take him in the morning.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I regularly take my dd to the bathroom in the middle of the night. she's totally asleep and doesn't remember a thing in the am. When her bottom hits the toilet seat she just pees.
When we go camping I insist on her wearing something (haven't been able to have her squat to pee in her sleep. I've found the "goodnite" brand the only one to contain all the pee. The size small is for 38-65lb so it might not work for a 3yr old.

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
Sounds like the diaper is too small. If she's near the BOTTOM of the range for the next size up, get those.

Also, how is your daughter built? For our slender son, we needed to buy the store brands because they were narrower around the leg. For our dd, it's the opposite - she needs the more expensive ones that give her leg room.

There are also absorbant inserts you can use. Can't remember what they're called.

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
I have really heavy night wetters as well. We have had a lot of luck with the Huggies Overnights, although sometimes they are hard to find. Also, did you ever use cloth? For a while we would place an infant prefold inside of a (next size up) sposie. That worked fabulously. So, if you have leftover PFs, you might want to try that as well. Good luck. I hate changing pee pee sheets every day.

·
Banned
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hottmama
Are you opposed to cloth for some reason?
I am not opposed to cloth. I was ignorant of all the cloth options other than cloth rectangle and dipe pins until dd was about 12 mos or so. My only friend who uses cloth got hers in Japan so I had no clue about all the choices until I joined MDC. When my dd was about 18 mos or so I got some cloth trainers. I forget the brand but I did research here and chose wisely, I thought. I spent $80 and dd refused to wear them. Refused! Threw them off when I tried to put them on her and will not touch them nor anything else like that I have bought. (did I mention she is just a bit strong willed?) To this day, she will have nothing to do with them.

On a more positive note, the Goodnights worked this morning. So, I am hopeful they will continue to do so and that dd will be potty trained soon. I will compare prices next time I shop and see if the Huggies Overnights are not more economical.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
The overnights are definately cheaper than the pull-up counterparts. My kids take quite a while to stay dry at night so while they are all dry during the day, I still have 2 night wetters. My 4.5 yo wears Target brand pull-ups (since she does sometimes get up and go potty before she falls asleep) and my almost 3yo wears regular Huggies. I plan to need dipes around the house for quite a while longer. What a joy it will be to stop having to buy those things!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.