Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Ok, so I am pretty sick right now and so is my DS.  He has been sick since Saturday, me since Monday.  With not being able to breathe, on top of heartburn, and on top of DS coughing so hard that he wakes up crying, I am tired.  Although, doing MUCH better than I should be....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I should note that I am having a homebirth VBAC after a pretty traumatic birth with DS.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway, last night, I was having a dream about this pregnancy. I really have not had that many.  But this one was freaky.  I dreamed that I got out of bed and something was in between my legs and it was the baby's cord.  No labor, just the cord hanging out. And then as I walked to the bathroom, it got really long and there was other bits of stuff all around (pink colored, mucusy stuff - I never saw my mucus plug last time).  It was so long, I had to coil it up to walk to where DH was sleeping to wake him up (he has been in the spare room while DS has been sleeping with me in the big bed).  DH noticed (in the dream) that it was not pulsating.  And then I woke up.  IT was very weird.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I think dreams tell us things like our fears or maybe what the brain is trying to resolve.  Any thoughts on what this could be?  Because I really haven't even been worried about the HBAC, just nervous about it going well.  I attribute this to Hypnobabies.  Anyway, just curious.....</p>

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
I tried so hard to stay calm and not worry when preparing for our HBAC. It was a stressful time not knowing how it would go though. I think your brain was probably just expressing a little stress about it but that sounds really normal.

·
Registered
360 Posts
<p> I think you were probably just expressing your fears in your dreams, although that sounds like a scary dream! My pregnancy has also been emotionally stressful, planning a HBAC, and all, although like you I am not really afraid of medical complications, just that it won't work out again. I hope you and DS feel better soon! That must be so hard, sick and tired, ugh! Hopefully labor will start when you are feeling well rested.</p>

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<p>Thanks!  I think it is good to know that I do have fears and that I need to at least write about them.  But on a conscious level, I really have dealt with my fears, so I am not sure what I should do though......  Maybe I need to go back to the energy healer again and see what she says.....</p>

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
<p>I've had a few "disturbing" dreams this time and leave me with that feeling of is this a fear or a prediction/intuition.  That's the part that bothers me.  The fact that I can't outright attribute it to a fear, but it also isn't exactly intuition.  For me, it's a malformation of the baby.  I think an energy healer could be a great place to start.  At least that way you may get more of a sense that it is a fear and you'll be able to release it more easily.  Also, sometimes these things happen as a way to make sure we are prepared for anything.  In that case, just know that if this were to happen that you'd drop to chest and knees with your butt us as much as possible and yell for DH to call 911 and then have him push the cord in and hold the baby's head up from putting pressure on it. </p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts