Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi mamas! Just wondering if anyone experiences this and why it might be happening:<br><br>
I keep waking up in the middle of the night having to pee, or maybe not, and at least once a night I get really intense cramping/contractions. They're like BH contractions only I get more cramping and it goes into my low back/legs. It seems to be getting "worse" every night.<br><br>
Last night it was coupled with baby moving like CRAZY. I could feel him everywhere - all 4 limbs, and I think I even felt him turning (could feel it on my cervix). It was NOT pleasant, at all. I was a little worried I was going into labor, as I am only 36w3d, which I guess would be alright, except my main midwife is out of town for 1 more week and I really want her to be there. Oh, that and my baby shower isn't until tomorrow! I'm not ready!<br><br>
Anyway, anyone else experienced this sort of nightitme cramping? I even drank a lot of water and electrolytes last night thinking that maybe it had been dehydration. I guess it could be.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Lack of calcuim would be my guess at the culprit. Try taking 1000mg before bedtime (I use Country Life liquid Cal/Mag). It's something about how the babies are calcifying their bones right now and if we don't have enough it starts pulling from our muscles first and then our bones. So if you are experiencing muscle cramping in your legs or uterus, you need more calcium.<br><br>
It works for me immediately. HTH!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I was going to post the EXACT same thing today. Whenever I'm laying down at night (or anytime for that matter) I start getting lots of BH contractions, but what irks me is the intense pains I get in my pelvic region, uterus, sides, and back. It's awful and mine too seems to be getting worse every night- I'm barely sleeping at all now between that and having to pee a gazillion times.<br><br>
Last night my left kidney area hurt terribly, but I think I pulled a muscle just trying to roll over. Ugh! I am getting by just thinking that I get to meet my daughter VERY soon and this will all be but a distant memory.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I wanted to second the Cal/Mag because suddenly all my nails are breaking and all of me is sore. Plus, added Mag can keep contractions away I have read!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Oh I also wanted to add that I am taking an additional Cal-Mag supplement (liquid form) every night plus whatevers in my prenatal and it has helped a LOT with muscle cramps and soreness, but still having uterine irritability LOL!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts