Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do part-time EC during the day. DD wears a cloth diaper without a cover or hangs out naked. I catch about half the time. We just started ECing this week. So here is the embarrassing part... I have been using sposies at night because I can't find a CD system that works for us. DD hates feeling wet. She ended up with a nasty rash from the sposies. I want to EC at night. What is the best way to do it? What does your LO wear to bed? How do you avoid waking up soaked if you cosleep?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
My son is swaddled at night still (he's three months), so he just is in his swaddling blanket on top of an absorbent pad. When he's done being swaddled, I will put him in a coverless diaper on top of the absorbent mattress pad.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
last summer, when DD was just a few months old, we did the swaddle or just a t-shirt, nakey, on a puddle pad. When she would be really stirring around, I would put her on the potty, mostly caught stuff. Never woke her to potty, but I noticed she never actually peed in deep sleep either.<br><br>
Then, at some point that got too tiring to wake up at night so I just went back to diapering.<br><br>
Now she's older (just turned one) and for probably the last 7 or 8 months I have her in a cotton fitted dipe (Motherease Sandy's) with a cover. When she wakes to nurse at around 10 or 11 I potty her. Often just let her nurse while she sits on the potty. Most days she goes, sometimes not. She's frequently dry in the morning- maybe wet once a week? I don't stress about it and she seems to be trending towards dry at night anyway.<br><br>
oh, we co-sleep (bedshare).<br><br>
You might try a pocket dipe? Like fuzzibunz, etc? Stuff it up really good, have baby sleep on a pad or cotton blanket just in case it leaks. You can fasten it slightly loose so its easy to pull off quickly for nighttime pottying.

·
Registered
798 Posts
My six week old is in sposies at night. Last week or so I have noticed, he has been waking up about 4 hours after we go to bed. Doesn't cry but is grumbly and wiggling around, I take him to potty, turns out he needs to poop. Then he goes right back down to sleep. Back in the dry diaper he didn't have to potty in. Guess I should try the padding as pp have mentioned.

·
Registered
286 Posts
We use a waterproof pad with a prefold and a blanket on top of it, ds lays on that in his pajamas without a diaper or underwear, but he is almost 2. In the earlier days, he still slept on the waterproof pad, but usually had either a cloth diaper w/o a cover, or a prefold with a diaper belt. He has always gotten restless in his sleep when he needs to pee, and that's how I know to potty him. If we did have a miss though, it was easy to just take the diaper off, and grab a new one (I kept them close by), and *most* of the time the blanket and pad underneath him didn't get wet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I also take the approach of having my boy sleep on a prefold (naked) and then change them when they are wet. He is a squirmer when he pees too. I've also had luck with the Blueberry one-size pocket diapers. The insert is very absorbent and they fit well. Sometimes I will use the pocket diaper, and try to potty him some through the night. I never have any leaks this way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts