Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS is 12 months. His nighttime routine has always been, I nurse him down. When he's decided it's time for bed the only thing he wants is to nurse. Trying anything else to soothe him infuriates him. At the end of July I am attending a seminar that will require I be out until midnight two of the nights. So it'll be him and his daddy. So, I have little under a month to begin transitioning to nighttime fathering so that it isn't so rough for the two of them. I've always been anti cio but at one year old would it be so bad for a couple of nights to establish a new routine? I would absolutely love any tips. I must also mention that I just became a member but I have been reading your tips since I found out I was pregnant and am so grateful for all of your help!

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
CIO is NEVER okay.<br><br>
I really wouldn't worry since it's just for a couple of days. I wouldn't try to change his every day routine. I would trust dad to figure out something that will work. (walk in the stroller, drive in the car, rocking, cuddles etc)<br><br>
-Angela

1 - 2 of 2 Posts