Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Our 2 year old (C) is autistic and our 6 week old (R) has severe reflux. Here's the night time situation now:</p>
<p><br>
Daddy takes care of bedtime with C and sleeps with him in our king sized bed.</p>
<p><br>
I take care of bedtime with R. He starts the night off in the swing, goes a solid 5 hour stretch most of the time. Then we nurse back to sleep and he sleeps with me on the couch (not a soft one, it's more firm than our bed). Problem is that sleep-nursing leads to him eating too much and being very fussy and gassy and refluxy. We wake very often from the end of the long stretch and when I get up (burping, patting, moving, trying to help him feel better). After the rest of us wake up (at 6) he usually sleeps another hour or so in the swing.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><br>
These are our goals:<br>
1) Have C sleeping in his own bed in his own room. He can sleep longer because right now DH is getting up at 6 for work and C almost always wakes up too.<br><br>
2) Have R going to sleep without nursing and sleeping in the bed, not the swing. Just because I don't want him to get hooked on the "suck to sleep" habit and don't want him to only sleep while moving.<br><br>
3) Have R and myself move back into the bed with DH.<br><br>
So any tips, ideas, BTDT experience?</p>

·
Registered
271 Posts
<p> Have you tried the reflux wedge?</p>
<p><a href="http://www.pollywogbaby.com/refluxandcolic/refluxwedgesforinfantswithacidreflux.html" target="_blank">http://www.pollywogbaby.com/refluxandcolic/refluxwedgesforinfantswithacidreflux.html</a><span style="display:none;"> </span></p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Its excellent.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We also have a reflux bed that we could raise up to 90 degrees.</p>
<p> </p>

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>NAK</p>
<p>Thanks! Thats spendy but maybe insurance will cover it...</p>

·
Registered
13 Posts
<p>You can try elevating the crib feet on 1 side with some 2x4's, somepeople also roll up towels and put them under the mattress to elevate the bed on one side.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Maybe you can try a crib vibrator to get some movemnt with out a swing? We had one that went under the crib mattress and had a control on the side of the crib. It also had a little light, and some calming sounds that were optional it was at target and under $30</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts